You want to make sure your motorcycle helmet stays in top shape for all your adventures! Cleaning it after a ride is a key to making it last. Here are 6 Steps to Cleaning your Motorcycle Helmet:
- Take Apart All Removable Pieces: Take apart any removable parts of the helmet such as the visor, cheek pads, and liners. These parts can be cleaned separately.
- Wipe Down the Outside with a Microfiber Cloth: Dampen a soft cloth or sponge with warm water and mild soap and gently wipe the exterior of the helmet. Avoid using abrasive or harsh cleaning products that can damage the helmet's surface. You can also use a product like Detail & Wax.
- Clean the Interior: Use a mild soap solution to clean the interior of the helmet. You can also use a specialized helmet cleaning product for this purpose. Make sure to clean the liner, cheek pads, and other removable parts thoroughly. You can also throw them in a machine washable bag and put them on delicate to wash them.
Rinse and dry: Rinse the helmet with warm water and make sure to remove all soap residue. Allow the helmet to air dry completely before putting it back together.
- Clean the visor: Clean the visor separately using a soft cloth or microfiber towel. Use a specialized visor cleaner or mild soap solution to clean the visor. Make sure to dry the visor thoroughly before putting it back on the helmet.
- Reassemble the helmet: Put back all the removable parts of the helmet, including the visor, cheek pads, and liners. Make sure everything is securely in place before using the helmet.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and maintenance of your specific helmet model. And if you notice any cracks, scratches, or other signs of wear and tear, consider replacing the helmet for your safety! We encourage you to wear gear and shop Trinity Mototech for all our female motorcyclists out there. Ride on!